Temporary: Artha is a function wealthy word list software to be had for all primary .
In as of late’s attached lifestyles, I rely closely on search engines like google. Even if I’ve to search for the that means of a phrase, I seek it on-line.
However one can’t at all times be attached to the web and that is the place offline apps come to hand. The opposite day, an It’s FOSS reader Avinash Pandey really helpful Artha word list software. I discovered the appliance reasonably helpful and thus considered sharing it with you.
Artha: Offline English Word list App for Linux
Artha is an offline English word list in keeping with WordNet. This is a loose and open supply software to be had for Linux in addition to Home windows. If you end up suffering to search out the that means of a phrase or its synonym or antonym however you can not connect with the web, Artha has were given your again.
Artha additionally packs a couple of options which make it a very good Word list app:
- As soon as introduced, it runs within the background
- Scorching-key enhance: Simply make a selection the phrase and use the new key (Ctrl+Alt+W) to search for the chosen phrase
- Strengthen for normal expressions based totally seek because of this you’ll seek the usage of wildcards like *,? and many others.
- Passive desktop notifications of phrase definitions for uninterrupted workflow
- Spelling ideas will let you when the precise spelling is obscure or now not identified
- Helps to keep a historical past of just lately searched phrases
Right here’s a bit of demo of Artha in motion:
Putting in Artha in Ubuntu based totally
Artha is to be had in legit Ubuntu repository because of this that you’ll set up Artha word list app in Ubuntu, Linux Mint, fundamental OS and different Ubuntu based totally from the Device Heart:
Set up Artha in Ubuntu based totally Linux distros
However, you’ll use apt command to put in it:
sudo apt-get set up artha
You’ll learn this newsletter to learn how you can uninstall device in Ubuntu based totally distributions.
Putting in Artha in different
Artha will have to be to be had from the Device Heart in Fedora and Arch as smartly. You’ll at all times use the command line choice in fact.
For Fedora based totally , use this command:
sudo dnf set up artha
Arch customers can set up it from AUR. For many who need to bring together it from the supply code can use the tarball from the hyperlink underneath:
Get Artha Supply Code
I am hoping that you simply to find Artha helpful in making improvements to your English vocabulary. You probably have an identical app ideas, do let me know in order that I may just percentage it with others.
Powered by way of Zordis